When heading east out of Taylors Creek, keep the 2 green cans to starboard and the 1 red can to port. The new 750′ long channel ends at the deep water North River Channel. So, if heading out to Shackleford, turn hard right at the last green can and keep the green North River channel marker (NR1) to your starboard. On the way back, it’s red right return!
Hydrographic Survey date: 4/8/2015 shows newly dredged channel. Can markers have now been relocated to the new East Channel location.
- Taylors Creek East Channel has been dredged for 2017 boating season! April 14, 2017
- It’s Time to Dredge the Channel for 2016 Boating Season! March 25, 2016
- Hydrographic Survey 2-1-2016 March 24, 2016
- FOTCA receives Beaufort Wine & Food Community Grant! August 23, 2015
- Images of “New” East Taylors Creek Channel May 10, 2015
- Taylors Creek East Channel marked by Coast Guard April 26, 2015